Thursday, December 13, 2012

Show Us Your... Holiday Decorations

This week Kelly's Korner is linking up with holiday decorations!
Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
Two years ago I wrote this post about how I'm conflicted about decorating for Christmas. Rather than rehash it, I will say that I'm still conflicted, but part of me can't help but have fun with Christmas decorations.
DSC07687
These were taken this past Saturday, which was the first night of Hanukkah. Today is the 6th night, so tonight in our living room we'll have 5 more candles lit.
DSC07694
The stocking on the left was mine growing up and made by my grandmother. (To clear up confusion, my mom converted, so while we celebrated Christmas with my mom's family, we never did in our own home.) The boy didn't have a stocking in our house, so we picked up a LSU stocking for him. They may not match, but they work for now.
DSC07686
On top of our mantle are the wine bottle centerpieces for our wedding. I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep them there, but for now, again they work.
DSC07697
Also on the mantle is our cake topper (again not sure where this is going to stay permanently) and a few different dreidels. Now to the tree itself, most of the ornaments are the boy's from his childhood, but I've realized there's a few I claims as my own.
DSC07691
My mom used to always buy me cute things that made her thing of me, like this little fairy. I don't think she was actually meant to be used as a Christmas ornament, but she works pretty well as one.
DSC07689
This was actually meant to be an ornament, although wasn't purchased as one. I has an obsession with flower fairies growing up which is why my mom bought her for me. (This is the Columbine Fairy.) I kept her on display in her box for years, but now she's actually on our tree.
DSC07690
Again, this may not actually be an ornament, but works well as one. My mom bought me this because in high school and college (and even now really), I had somewhat of a flip flop obsession.
DSC07692
This one is actually an ornament, and was even purchased as one. This was the boy's holiday present to me last year, which he purchased on our Disney World vacation.

What holidays do you decorate for in your home? And if you're here from Kelly's Korner, please say hello in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Hello there. I stopped by from Kellys Korner to enjoy your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Kelly's Korner. I think I've found you before because I recognize your blog title. We also decorate for Chanukah and Christmas in our house because my husband is Jewish and I am Christian. We are raising our kids in both faiths so we are sort of figuring it out as we go along. You can check out my post if you want (3# in Kelly's linkup).

    Happy Chanukah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I came via Kelly's Korner. These virtual tours are quite fun! I loved your special ornaments! It was nice to visit. Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Kelly's Korner! I'm not too far away, just a little north in Tennessee, but I'm from Mississippi :} Your decor looks great, I like the wine bottles on your mantle. Welcome to the south, I hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and a happy and healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Ms. D. I am visiting from Kelly's Korner. I love your wine bottles on your mantle.

    I am from LA but now live in TX. I see it did not take you long to become an LSU fan!!!
    I hope ya'll have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete